|Note: that wonky bit of weaving is from Jude's Considering Weave workshop|
I'm thinking if I document my dyeing trials online I'll be less apt to open the canning jars before their time. So for the record, here's what I put into canning jar #9:
- 1 tsp. alum dissolved in hot tap water
- 4 used tea bags in the bottom
- 8 pieces of muddy dyed linen wrapped around slices of a tiny red onion
- 1 piece of muddy dyed linen wrapped around dry red onion skins
- 4 used tea bags in the top
- Boiling tap water to fill
- 1 limestone rock and 1 block of wood to compress
- Cap loosely and put in the sun
I can't possibly wait two whole weeks, so I'm scheduling this one to be opened in
ten twelve days on November 9th.
Addendum: And what if I added a limestone rock and a block of wood to compress the contents? What alchemical magic might ensue?