Thursday, January 7, 2016

- Habit forming

It's been one week ...

Patches #1-7

I just Googled "How long does it take to form a habit?" The answers ranged from 21 days to 66 days to "as long as it takes for you."

Definitely not one week. Still, my patch-or-two-a-day hopes are holding. I haven't given up yet, so that's gotta be a good sign, right?

Likewise, I'm diving into bolder colors, having found that I actually liked the pre-walnut dyed versions of my linen stash in this post from last summer.

So, keeping it short and sweet today ... I've got a couple of other nascent habits to tend to.

7 comments:

Mo Crow said...

had to look up nascent hehe!

handstories said...

I just looked it up, too!

handstories said...

Love the bright colors. & Funny about habits/rituals, they seem just as awkward to quit. Haven't begun a new cloth for this year & am finding myself a bit lost each morning. & the "Jr. Birdman" song, LOVED that as a kid, especially the thing we did with our hands to make goggles for the motions.

Liz Ackert said...

I think I'm a logophiliac ... ha!

Liz Ackert said...

Hope you enjoy playing the song in your head ...

And yes, I can imagine you must feel at loose ends without your word cloth at hand.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

this Cloth is going to Surprise you, i'm thinking....
take you places you'd not imagined going....

Liz Ackert said...

It already has ... I'm having a lot of fun