Monday, October 3, 2016

- On edge

Retrospective (10/13)

Patch #277 Pomegranate-dyed linen


Original Post

I realized it after stitching on the new row of black and white patches: the cloth was flaring outward ...


My "fault" for working without measuring.  There's no going back, though. The cloth is what it is.

I guess I'm moving away from perfection ...


Letting things be, not worrying so much (but still worrying some, I confess).

Lately I've taken to piecing some things from the front ...


This was destined to be a take-off on G's tic-tac-toe board from September 22 
so I kept cutting ...


and piecing ...


cutting ...


and piecing ...


until I realized that the seams made it too bulky to use as a patch ...


So I backtracked and made a second version in woven cloth and decided to stitch an acorn freehand ...


then the resulting bit ...


got cut and stitched down to patch size ...


As for the patched piece, I suspect it will make an appearance elsewhere someday. 

And I know I promised some dyeing news, but for now I'll leave it at this ...


The weather patches are once again a lighter pomegranate yellow, after the hot yellow days of summer. There's nothing like running out of cloth of a needed color to get one motivated to dye more.